All women in the world wish, healthy glowing skin. Do lots of cares though there are lots of problems such as wrinkles, dark spots, acne, pimples even skin cancers. Their skin always affected to any type of external and internal changes or face changes in life patterns like poor sleep. These affections lead to dull and tired to bright and glowing. According to that alters skin also become changes which good or bad. A major symbol and sign of healthy skin is a natural glow.
We will see what are the factors affecting your skin changes.
Is Sunlight good or bad
The main reason for skin damage is the Sun. Sunlight burns your healthy glowing skin from the surface and at a cellular level. It may give you premature ageing skin (Photoaging). Sun rays made by visible light, ultraviolet (UV) and infrared light. Each of these rays affects your normal skin differently.
- Visible Light – This part of sunlight can be identified by the human eye and not affected to skin.
- UV rays – Though UV rays invisible to the human eye, mainly affect to skin. UV rays are blocked by the ozone and prevent reach the body. But Damage Ozone allows to UV rays come to us. Exposure to UV radiation is the chief reason that causes skin cancers. About 99% of non-melanoma skin cancers and 95% of melanomas are due to UV rays. There are two types of UV named as UVA and UVB. UVA penetrates to the dermis and can be damage DNA also. It may occur Burning patches, Cancers, Photoaging and allergies. UVB is important to us and it makes vitamin D. Stimulation produce melatonin. But skin cancers may occur.
- Infrared light – As well as UV rays, infrared light are not visible to the human eye. But human can feels it as heat. The fire also is a source of Infrared light. Exposure to heat is dry your skin. Dry skin is not healthy. It reduces the brightness and fairness of the skin.
How to Smoking affects your skin
Smoking also affects your skin problems. Wrinkles occur around the mouth and eyes due to damage elasticity and collagens then you look like old. Nicotine than contain in cigarettes causes infections. It reduces the blood floor whole your body and then reduces nutrition and oxygen transport to body parts. So can be seen pale appearance or have rough skin tone and decrease skin tone. Psoriasis is also a condition due to smoking. Though it is a genetic autoimmune condition, more prone to occur smoker. Psoriasis can be seen as reddish skin patches on knees, elbows and scalp. Due to the reduce blood floor to the tissue, there are wrinkles appear in smokers and their looks 1.4 years older than nonsmokers.
Drink water for glowing healthy skin
Water is doing an important and main role in healthy glowing skin. Approximately 60-70% of the human body contains water. Having enough water in your body increases your skin’s health. Drinking adequate water prevents dehydration (lack of enough water in the body). As above dehydration reduces your skin glow. Water maintains the circular system and circular system transport nutrition and oxygen to body parts as well as skin cells. Adequate nutrition, oxygen and water repair the skin elasticity and tissues. This condition gives you healthy glow skin. Apart from drinking, bathing also helpful. Before to apply makeup, wash your face with cold water, it prepares your face.
Nutrition for Skin Health
Taking a healthy diet is very important to healthy glow skin. Macronutrients and micronutrients are plays important roles together. Macronutrients are the nutrients that want to large amounts (proteins, carbohydrates and lipids) and micronutrients are the nutrients which want to a small amount (vitamins and minerals) to the body. Nutrients are worked as structural components of your skin. You can take nutrients orally or topically. The epidermis does not consist of blood vessels. Therefore can not nourish the epidermis through the blood vessels. So topical application is the better way to nourish the lamina.
Antioxidants are elements, work interactively inside and outside of the body cells. These protect cell membranes from damages. Diets containing antioxidants prevent skin ageing faster. Vitamins and minerals (vitamins A, C, E and selenium) in the food act as antioxidants. The best sources of antioxidants are grains, flakes and nuts, fruits and unprocessed vegetables. Foods rich in these nutrients are important to your sheath.
This mineral is said to protect against skin cancers. In addition, selenium important to prevent drying and damaging tissues. Selenium is considered to be one of the most common foods, such as wings and nuts, fruits and uncooked vegetables, mushrooms, shrimp, powdered fish, cooked beef, sardines, and crabs.
Vitamin A for skincare
Vitamin A is a fat-soluble vitamin stored in the liver. You can get this from the animal (animal liver, eggs and milk) and plant-based (fruits, yellow colour vegetables) sources. This is an essential nutrient in body functions. Repair new cells and restore skin quickly. Vit A prevents acne. The sebaceous glands closed by old cells and oils called as acne. Deficiency of vitamin A causes acne and then improve keratin productions. It is more prone to occur acne. Apart from that, prevent night blindness, improve immunity, protect from some cancers like cervical, lungs and bladder cancers, help to bone growth and development, helping to maintain the health of reproduction system are the other benefits of vitamin A.
Vitamin-C for healthy Glowing Skin
This essential water-soluble vitamin is called ascorbic acid also. Mainly vegetables ( such as broccoli, cauliflower, Brussel sprouts and capsicums) and fruits ( Citrus fruits such as orange, kiwi, lemon, guava, grapefruit, strawberry, papaya) contain ascorbic acid. Vit c important to the growth, development and repair of all body tissues. Vitamin-C is a great antioxidant. It protects the lamina from damages occur due to smoking, sunlight and air pollution. Ascorbic acid essential to produce collagen and growth new tissues so, it protects your young appearance. Ascorbic acid has effects on trans-epidermal water loss (TEWL) due to a decrease in dryness. Vitamin c uses to prevent skin diseases in the health sector. Other benefits of vitamin c are, improve iron absorption, help to heal wounds.
Vitamin E for Glow
This is also a fat-soluble vitamin. Mostly rich in cereals, tree nuts, meat, poultry, eggs, spinach, vegetables and fruits. This can take as supplements also. Normally vit-E deficiency is rare. It works as antioxidant and help to body functions. Helps to heal damaged body cells and prevent damage of cells in the skin. It provides protection from sunburning. Vit-E has a moisturizing and healing action also. Protect from the infections. Decreased risk of age-related cataracts. Muscle repair. This does not strain out through the urinary tract, stored in the body. Topical vitamin E not suitable for oily, acne-prone skins.
Omega-3s and Omega-6s are very beneficial for everyone. It helps to keep glowing skin and removes all the scars on the skin, making it look younger. Fish, olives, mackerel, walnuts, etc. are some of the foods that contain omega fats.
Green Tea is a great herbal remedy for all skin irritation and sun exposure.
About your skin briefly
The largest organ of the human body is skin, covers a total area of your body about 20 square feet. It protects all parts of the body (muscles, organs, bones and ligaments) from the infections and different environmental factors. Thermoregulation and sensation also another most important functions. We can divide skin types as hairy and hairless, Dry and oily, black and white etc. There are lots of hair follicles on the skin but human’s mostly appeared hairless. There are 1000 of spices of bacteria living on the human skin. The skin colour is decided by melanin, produced by melanocytes located in the upper layer (epidermis). Skin is made by three main layers.
- Epidermis – The outermost layer of the skin. The epidermis is the part that thermoregulation. The layer made by squamous epithelium cells and basal lamina. Act as a waterproof cover and it protects the body from dehydration, infection and harmful chemicals. Skin tone also created by the epithelium. Melanocytes containing in the epithelium gives colour to each human. It nourishes by the diffusion from the dermis due to the absence of blood vessels.
- Dermis – Situated just beneath and toughly connected to the epidermis. It contains tough connective tissue, hair follicles, and sweat glands. There are nerve endings in this layer feels a sense of touch and heat. Dermis nourishes from the blood vessels through the layer. Sweat gland produce sweats and sebaceous gland produce sebum. The dermis has two areas called the papillary region and reticular region.
- Subcutaneous Tissue – Situated just below the dermis made by fat, connective tissue, adipose tissue and elastin. This layer connects to the underlying bone and mussels.